Thursday, January 20, 2011

Duke dog

Duke dog.

image
My beloved Duke dog died last October. I miss him terribly and still think of him a few times every day. First thing in the morning, because he would be up also and ready to eat. He was a Lab and food was serious business. Every time I come home and pull into the garage I think he’s going to be there in the kitchen waiting for me. When ever I cook salmon for dinner I think of him, because I always saved him some and now I get to eat it all. When I stand at my kitchen sink I can look out the window and see his little grave with the white stones. I miss him all the time and I’m not sure I will ever stop missing him.When Duke was alive I knew all the neighbors because he got 2 walks a day. I miss our walks now. I have no desire to walk alone. He could be a pest sometimes but I don’t remember any of that, just the loss.
Dora Meulman

2 comments:

Lynn B said...

Oh Dora ....I can just picture you looking out the window ....seeing his little grave with the white stones ....thinking of him. One thing for sure, Duke Dog knew you loved him. You have such great memories and talking about him seems to be good therapy .....keep talking!

carolina said...

We all miss Duke dog. I can't even imagine how you feel. Get another one :)